Prof. Dr. A.M.V.R. Narendra, MBBS, MD, DM (Clinical Hematology)
Professor and Senior consultant
Past Roles and Experience
Dr. A.M.V.R. Narendra has vast experience in stem cell transplantations and is a steering committee member for stem cell research.
He has performed the first successful syngenic stem cell transplantation in Andhra Pradesh in the year 2008. He has performed around 60 stem cell transplants predominantly allogeneic stem cell transplantation including matched unrelated stem cell transplantation. Dr. Narendra has performed Arsenic Trioxide therapy for acute promyelocytic leukemia and treatment for Haemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytic Syndrome for the first time in Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad. Also, he has established Anti-thymocyte globulin therapy for aplastic anemia patients in the year 2002, which is still practiced successfully.
- MBBS from University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh in 1993.
- M.D. (Internal Medicine) from Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS), Hyderabad in 1998
- D.M.( Clinical Hematology) from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi in 2007
Member of Indian Society of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine
- Anitha, A.M.V.R. Narendra, A. Krishna Prasad and T. Roshini Paul. Comparing response to treatment with cyclosporine alone versus the combination of antithymocyte globulin + cyclosporine in patients with aplastic anemia. Presented at Indian Society of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine, Kolkata, 2010
- A.M.V.R. Narendra, Ashok Kumar, Sravan Kumar, Shantveer Uppin. Allogenic stem cell transplantation for bone marrow failure in resource poor setting. Presented at International Conference (Asia Pacific bone marrow transplantation, Hyderabad, 2012.
Awards and Accomplishments
- First prize in the Free Paper Presentation session at 4th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Hematology and Blood transfusion (Andhra Pradesh state chapter), Hyderabad, 2012
- Work shop on Stem cells organized by CCMB in 2018
- International conference on stem cell and regenerative medicine: research to business in March 2012
- American society of hematology conferences
- Annual conference of Indian Society of Hematology and Blood Transfusion (National and State chapter)