Dr. Pragna Sagar Rapole
Dr. Pragna is competent to independently take treatment decisions in a variety of solid malignancies. However, he prefers a multidisciplinary approach with a tumor board discussion and treatment planning, so that the patient receives the best care possible.
Dr. Pragna is highly motivated to participate in various research activities. He can converse efficiently in English, Telugu, and Tamil, making the patient comfortable and helping them understand their case better.
- MBBS from Maharajah's Institute of Medical Sciences, Vizianagaram in 2013
- MD in Radiotherapy from Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry in 2017
- Junior Resident at JIPMER, from April 2014 to March 2017
- Senior Resident at MNJ Institute of Oncology and Regional Cancer Centre, from June 2017 to May 2018
- Senior Resident at Kamineni Academy of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, from June 2018 to Sep 2018
- Senior Resident at JIPMER, from October 2018 till date
- Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI)
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- Royal College of Radiologists (RCR) UK
- Poster Presentation on Assessment of psychological distress, quality of life and social functioning level of cancer patients attending palliative care unit at RCC, JIPMER by K. Gunaseelan, R. Pragna Sagar, Aswin Joy , V. Parthasarathy presented at AROICON-2016, Bhubaneshwar
- Poster Presentation on Dosimetric comparison and feasibility of simultaneous integrated boost (SIB) in treatment of malignant gliomas using intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) or volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT) by Pragna Sagar Rapole, Gunaseelan Karunanithi, Sathiya Prabhu, Ram Kumar, Vivekanandam S presented at WFNOS-2017, Zurich, Switzerland
- Poster Presentation on Thalamic gliosarcoma in a 4-year-old child treated with simultaneous integrated boost: A case report by Shyama S. Prem, Pragna Sagar, Anupam Datta , V. Parthasarathy presented at CancerCIApolloCancerConclave-2017, Hyderabad.
- Poster Presentation on Chondroblastic osteosarcoma of mandible: A rare case report by M. Mrutyunjayarao, Shyama Prem, B. H. Srinivas, R. Pragna Sagar, V. Parthasarathy presented at AROICON-2016, Bhubaneshwar.
- Karunanithi G, Sagar RP, Joy A, Vedasoundaram P. Assessment of psychological distress and its effect on quality of life and social functioning in cancer patients. Indian J Palliat Care
[serial online] 2018 [cited 2018 Feb 15];24:72-7. Available from: http://www.jpalliativecare.com/text.asp?2018/24/1/72/223206
- Rapole, P., Karunanithi, G., Kandasamy, S., Prabhu, S., Kumar, R., Vivekanandam, S. Dosimetric Comparison and Feasibility of Simultaneous Integrated Boost (SIB) in Treatment of Malignant Gliomas Using Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT) or Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT). Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 2018; 19(9): 2499-2506. doi: 10.22034/APJCP.2018.19.9.2499
- Kombathula SH, Rapole PS, Prem SS, et al. Primary small cell carcinoma of the vagina: a rare instance of prolonged survival. BMJ Case Reports CP 2019;12:e227100
- Prem S.S., Siripuram S.K., Rapole P.S. (2021) Regional Nodal Irradiation in Early Breast Cancer. In: Kunheri B., Vijaykumar D.K. (eds) Management of Early Stage Breast Cancer. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-6171-9_17
RCC JIPMER Endowment prize for Best Outgoing Student in MD Radiotherapy for year 2017 – Awarded Gold Medal.