Dr. Sudha Sinha, MD
Clinical Director and HOD, Medical Oncology
Past Roles and Experience
Dr. Sinha has established the department of Medical Oncology, 60 bed Adult Leukemia and 80 Pediatric Oncology Program. She started the ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) funded Hospital Based National Cancer Registry Program. Also, Dr. Sinha played a crucial role in expanding the Biochemistry, Microbiology and Pathology Labs at the hospital.
- MBBS from Gandhi Medical College, University of Health Sciences, Hyderabad in 1996.
- Intern in Internal Medicine at St. Barnabas Medical Center Livingston, NJ. USA (1998-1999).
- Resident in Internal Medicine at St. Barnabas Medical Center Livingston, NJ. USA (1999-2001).
- Fellowship in Hematology and Oncology, at Caritas St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA. USA (2002-2005).
- Chief fellow in the sub-specialty of Hematology and Oncology, at Caritas St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA. USA (2002-2005).
- European Society of Medical Oncology
- Indian Medical Association
- 26th Annual meeting of American Society of Aphereis (ASFA) 2005-Plenary Session: Safety and Efficacy of Peripheral Blood Progenitor cell Mobilization and collection in Patients with Advanced Coronary Heart Disease.
- 46th Annual Meeting of American Society of Hematology (ASH) 2005 - Practice Forum: The Business of Practice: The Evolving State of Hematology Practice - Progress and Challenges in 2004 Advocacy Efforts.
- Sinha S, Schneider D, Aish L, Oo TH: Morphologic heterogeneity of Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia-Annual Research Day. Caritas St.Elizabeth’s Medical Center march 2005.
- July 2003 To June 2004: Dr. Sudha Sinha Worked as a Research Fellow at the Center for Cell Biology, St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center. The Center Concentrates On The Development Of Cystein Protease Inhibitors As Anti-Malarial Drugs, And On The Investigation Of Molecular Mechanisms By Which Erythroblast-Macrophage Interactions Promote Erythroid Maturation.
Awards and Accomplishments:
- Junior Investigator Award in recognition of the outstanding abstract submitted. 26th Annual Meeting of American Society of Apheresis 2005.
- Resident Research Scholarship Award- St. Barnabas Medical Center. 2001
- Civil Society Hall of Fame Award – 2015, New Delhi
- Felicitation by Ladies Circle India – 2015
- Young FICCI Ladies Organisation – Felicitation for Young Women Achievers building India– March 2012
- Rotary Club of Bhagyanagar- Rotary Vocational Excellence Award– 2012
- Rotary Club of Secunderabad- Award of Recognition – 2012
- Unsung Heroines of Hyderabad- Recognition by Secunderabad Metropolitan Ladies Circle – 49 in 2014