It is an umbrella term that describes about the services and care offered to cancer patients. These services include self-management support, information about the condition, providing psychological support, symptoms control, giving social support, rehabilitation, palliative care and bereavement care.
The specialists within Supportive Oncology Services, we pledge to prevent or ease the symptoms caused by cancer with the ultimate goal to relieve suffering in all of its dimensions. Supportive care services at kaizen include:
- Pain relief services: Pain occurs in up to 75% of patients with advanced cancer. The experience of pain is influenced by physical, emotional, social and spiritual factors. We offer multidisciplinary approach to ease pain and suffering in cancer patients and their families during their cancer journey. Our team, including a physician and palliative care and a nurse practitioner with oncology aims to give relief from stress, pain and other symptoms.
- Palliative Care Services: Palliative care is an approach to address the person as a whole, not just their disease. Palliative care depends on the overall needs of the patient to make them feel better. In addition to managing the symptoms and side effects of cancer and its treatment, palliative care also focuses on related psychological, social, and spiritual problems. Kaizen aims to improve the quality of life of a patient regardless of their age and stage of the disease. Our team includes specially-trained doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals who work to provide extra care and support to the patient.
- Cancer Rehabilitation: Cancer rehabilitation deals with prevention, diagnosis, treatment and improving recovery from cancer. It is usually a program supervised under a doctor for people who have undergone treatment for cancer. The program focuses on the physical, psychological, and cognitive problems caused by cancer therapies. It also aims to support the patient throughout their cancer journey. Cancer rehabilitation services at kaizen include a variety of health care experts, resources and healing techniques to help you recover physically and emotionally.
- Cancer genetic testing and counseling: Genetic testing and counselling services involves evaluation of your family history to help the early diagnosis of cancer. Genetic testing also makes you aware about risks for inherited cancer, as well as screening and management for those at increased risk.Genetic testing also provides a better understanding of the genetic makeup and changes in the genes that are the root cause of cancer. A certified genetic counselor will provide all the necessary and appropriate information that will help you and your family understand your inherited cancer risk.
Our genetic counselors are trained to advise you about:
- Your risk of developing cancers based on your family history
- Necessity of cancer screening and genetic testing
- Emotional, psychological, and social consequences of knowing the test results
- Coping with cancer diagnosis
- Treatment options
- Cancer management and prevention